1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DivX 5.03 - Synchronization Problems

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by GemNEye, Mar 7, 2003.

1. GemNEye

GemNEye Member

I am trying to rip Sweet Home Alabama.

I used DVD DeCrytpter to copy files to hard drive.

I used DVD2AVI to create .AC3 file and .d2v file. The offset from the .AC3 was 0ms.

I used BeSweet to encode .AC3 file to 128Kbps VBR MP3 file.

I used GordianKnot to Crop/resize and create an .AVS file from .d2v file.

I used VirtualDub to encode .AVS file to .AVI file using DivX 5.03 codec (two pass method).

I used NanDub two mux .MP3 and .AVI file.

The audio is roughly two seconds ahead of the video.

In the past the above method has worked flawlessly without any problem. I have recently upgraded all the components (DivX codec, VirtualDub, BeSweet, DVD2AVI, etc). Now I am having the dreaded A/V synch problem.

Has anyone encoded this movie using the method that was described above? Are there now better methods available using better tools?

Thanks for your help.

2. chriso123

chriso123 Regular member

Try using the Audio Skew feature in VirtualDub to align the audio with the video.

3. Shoey

Shoey Guest

I'm gonna make a text file for response to the same question asked time and time again. This isn't your fault GemNEye BUT I still don't quite understand why people backup divx (avi) using the programs GemNEye is using. Ok GemNEye, here is a link to Vidomi and a guide to backup DivX. Using Vidomi will save you SOO much time once you find the right DivX encoder that works best for you (no audio sync).

Vidomi: http://www.vidomi.com/
    Vidomi guide provided by Chickenman, courtesy CD-Freaks.
    http://forum.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=59485

Use DivX 5.03 or 5.02 and rip& encode a short movie to see if the audio is in sync. if it isn't, then switch to MPEG4 DivX 3.11alpha.
    This method will produce superior video and supports many DivX file extension outputs (avi, xvid,) examples and also includes a DivX player.

"Take the long way home"
    Shoey

4. GemNEye

GemNEye Member

Shoey,

I will compare your method to the one I mentioned above. Thank you for the reply.

GemNEye

5. PDR60

PDR60 Guest

Do you really have to use all those programs to get an avi/mp3 movie. No wonder you have problems.
    I use dvd::rip with transcode as the back end and it works.