1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

divx 5.2.1 encoding

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by Rylenol, Feb 4, 2005.

1. Rylenol

Rylenol Member

Im using the apps that are recommended under the DVD to Divx 4:3 guide, I just realized that the audio on my track is not on synch with the video, so far nothing has gone right with the process, I think the guide should be updated to help users using divx 5.2.1 instead of divx 5.0! The Divx 5.2.1 encoding settings differ from the 5.0 and as a newbie it is difficult for me to adjust, for example in the guide it says to select "2 pass, 1st pass" for the first pass and then "2 pass, 2nd pass" for the second pass, there are no such options in the 5.2.1 codec, i only see "1st pass", "multipass, 1st pass", and finally "multipass, nth pass", which do i select for the first and second pass?

2. DynatyxXx

DynatyxXx Regular member

u will have to go n the audio settings and where it says about the compression select to compress to any rate until audio is syncronized

3. The_OGS

The_OGS Active member

?!?
    I didn't get that, DynatyxXx...
    That guide has helped many people (but is getting stale).
    For DVD to DivX, you need GordianKnot
    http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/video_encoders/gordian_knot.cfm
    FYI you want 'multipass 1st pass' and 'multipass nth pass'.
    If you select 2-pass in GKnot, under # of passes, then your nth pass is your second and final pass.
    Audio-synch problems are largely a thing of the past now that we have GKnot :)
    I do my audio manually, demuxing the audio with DVDDecrypter and either using AC3 2-channel, or converting AC3 5.1 to VBR MP3 using BeSweet (Azid) and CDex.
    GKnot will offer to do audio for you...
    There is also AutoGK - easier for many people to use.
    But give the regular GKnot a try first.
    Regards

4. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

On 1-pass the movie is compressed according the bitrite/target quantizer you chose. On multipsss, the movie is analyzed at 1st pass and compressed at the 2nd (the DivX's n-th pass). The bitrate chosen is from 0 to MAX depending con the 'complexity' found at 1st pass. It gives a smaller size of the final AVI movie but it needs 2 runs. As 1st pass you gat no movie, just a ...\Divx.log info file, used at 2nd pass (or Div'X n-th pass).

Last edited: Feb 9, 2005