1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DIVX avi files to DVD

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by dvddeveb, Jan 21, 2004.

1. dvddeveb

dvddeveb Member

i hava a DIVX avi file that is approx 700mb...i converted it to mpg using TMPGEnc and it is now 1.9gb. when i try to burn it to dvd using HP sonic mydvd it tells me the project is too large for a 4.7 dvd????

what am i doing wrong???

2. sheppy124

sheppy124 Regular member

Nothing, using sonic doubles everything i.e. its re-coding the audio for a complaint dvd, i had this problem with first releases of sonic. I have switched to tmgenc dvd author where you can save the file onto the hard drive first rather than sonic forces you to put it onto a disc only (well the early release i had did). If the file is still to big by using dvd author you can always run it though dvd2one/shrink. Though you do need a pretty dogs balls quality divx file to the best quality in the end result. Sonic have made things easy to do but theres a lot of limitions its more designed for the home movie/tv sides imo.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]a wise man one said...........[/small]

Last edited: Jan 21, 2004
  3. dvddeveb

dvddeveb Member

sheppy124, you are the man...redid everything with tmpgenc and it works fine...watching it right now on pc...thanks!!!!
    uninstalled all the sonic crap and just reinstalled the powerdvd to play them on pc...