1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DivX Files

Discussion in 'Resource center' started by Richie007, Jun 12, 2003.

1. Richie007

Richie007 Guest

Please help, anyone I have VCD's with DivX files on them and I am trying to use a video editing software to edit them, and play them on dvd player, My dvd player is multi-region, so can anyone help me

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

you have vcd's with divx on them??? huh??

3. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Yeah, that certainly dont make sense. VCD is a format recorded on to CD. Divx is also a format. You cant have a DivX VCD, doesnt make sense (well...to me anyway it doesn't)

4. loaded

loaded Moderator Staff Member

Possibly he means he has CDs with DivX on them. I have seen that done in Central and Eastern Europe often (whatever floats your boat!) Because they love CD-R format and they can play near DVD quality longer on a CD on any PC (obviously all they need is a CD player, not even DVD player :))

In answer to the question, if that is it, then all he needs to do is load up the file directly from the CD in TMPGEnc and encode it as an MPEG, then cut it and burn with Nero.

This will work on DVD standalone as well, but most standalones will not run DivX.

Paul.

5. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member