1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

divx movie problem.plzz help

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by john_76, Feb 8, 2005.

1. john_76

john_76 Guest

i download a full divx movie and it has like 50 rar files.so i extaract the first 01 rar files and it created a single diggerent file.when i play the single file the movie it start 2 minits passed and it ends.what seems to be the problem here?what am i doing wrong here?

2. Kingd

Kingd Guest

Pretty hard to decifer what your asking. Use winrar to extract. Play what is extracted. If it only plays 2 minutes, it might be a fake.

3. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

Are you able to unpack a 50-archives multiple RAR-ed archive? You should extract a BIG movie whose size is about 50*each RAR.
    If you open the first archive, you should see, with WinRAR:
    movie >>
    opening any other movie except the last:
    >> movie >>
    opening the last:
    >> movie.
    Where 'movie' is the name of the movie (NAME.MPG, NAME.AVI...) including its full (and complete) size.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2005
  4. john_76

john_76 Guest

when i open the movie its 697 mb nad its called alexander.french.dvdscr.repack.1cd.xvid.1kp-team

5. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

I repeat: are you able to use WinRAR? Open the 1st RAR archive of the set (usually it is called XXX.part1.rar or XXX.r01 on older versions), click on the RAR-ed file name, choose the button 'extract to', select the destination directory and go! Nothing different.
    WinRAR will load automatically any archive from the 1st of the set to the last, and will extract the archived file.
    More, WinRAR shows also the dimension of the final file (usually it appears written 'Name...size....packed...type...modified...CRC32). Why don't you see it?

Ah, don't expect a great quality: it appears to be a screener, not a DVD-rip.
    A question I have: hasn't the file an extension? The movie name is 'name.avi' or 'name.mpg', usually. And since the name contains the word '-xvid-' (but also the word '-cd1-', beware! A piece is missing!) it should be an Xvid-encoded AVI movie.

The only imprecision that I noticed is that you open the 1st archive you see info on the whole joined archive, not of the piece (size)and the set (packed).

[bold]Did you read the 'sticky' thread [/bold]http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/81566 ?

Last edited: Feb 10, 2005
  6. john_76

john_76 Guest

if ur saying that i only have to extract the first winrar file which is 01 then i did it.

7. Kingd

Kingd Guest

Now download and install xvid and play with your favorite media player.

8. john_76

john_76 Guest

heres what i did.i deleted the movie.and download that movie from a different source.this time this movie have 2 cds .so i extract them and got a big movie with 2 cds.and it works properly. now my question is if i burn that movie with my dvd burner and play it on ps2 it it gonna work?