1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DivX movie with no sound ? help ....please

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by ub40, Jan 22, 2007.

1. ub40

ub40 Member

Hello All,
    I recently downloaded a DivX file,
    its play's, no problem unfortunately the sound appears as thou its constantly being fast forwarded.
    If i play the movie in media player, the sound appears for the opening credits and then stops and remains off !

Much appreciated if anyone can offer some sound advice (sorry for the pun)
    Cheers in advance

2. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

it would a great idea to read commements on the files before you download them that way you know what you are geting, also if you could buy the video you won't have any problems

3. ub40

ub40 Member

Thanks rdmercer1,

i normally read the comments on the files before downloading them, to my suprise this particular file had no comments and along with most people, i assumed that all would be ok. This hasn't turned out to be the case, otherwise i would n't be asking for help.

If i wanted advice on purchasing a video i'll go to HMV. Bearing in mind i am a novice, perhaps you should concentrate on giving advice rather than crticising members ?

Ta

having said all of the above i still would welcome some help....please

4. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

perhaps you should concentrate on giving advice rather than crticising members ?
    and how was i doing this, i was giving my advice, also like i said if you would of bought the disk you would not be having this problem, so i guess you get what you pay for or not pay for, also you don't say what you used to convert the file as in program, there could be many things, did you run this file through g-spot that would told you a few thing's sound's like the file has something wrong with the sync, what is the name of the movie? more info?

5. ub40

ub40 Member

Thanks,
    Having got the introductions out of the way, cheers

The file was downloaded as a DivX file, The message : Joan of Arc, its a old movie by Luc Besson.

I have not ran it thru g-spot but will do and update u accordingly.
    Thanx

6. ub40

ub40 Member

Furthermore,
    Apologies are in order, as i may have been hasty and misinterpreted your advice. To me, it may have appeared to come across contradicting and patronising. so i guess apologies are in order.

7. nickberry

nickberry Regular member

rdmercer1

Ouch. there was no need for you to be so rude... If there were helpful comments along with the download (as not eveyone uses torrents), the guy wouldnt be here. If the guy wanted to but the video, again he wouldnt be here.

Tho the advice you give is 10/10.

ub40 Get hold of G-Spot and get it to check the file.

Also it may be worth updating the codecs you use to decode the sound - wait a see what format g-spot says the sound is in and get back to us..

8. Indochine

Indochine Regular member

Yeah right. And writing "if you would of bought the disk" is just plain illiterate, Mr Genius. Did he mean "If you had bought the disk"? Never mind. G-Spot is very handy and has pointed the way to plenty of solutions for me with tricky files. If I want advice about buying dvds I'll go to the MPAA thank you very much.

9. ub40

ub40 Member

Hello All,

A quick update, i updated the codecs on the DivX player and everything appears to be fine. Thanks to all who contributed and rdmercer1 has my permission to call me a d*** !