1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Divx - MP3 or AC3 decoding

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by thestef, Feb 8, 2007.

1. thestef

thestef Guest

Hi guys,

Recently I started using Avi2dvd to decode my DivX/Avi movies into DVD or VOB format. I find that on some movies the sound is very low.... especialy the voice. Today I just nodiced an option called Audio bitrate in the Avi2dvd software and I also read the afterdawn instructions that states I should use 224bits for decoding MP3 encoded AVI's and 384bits for AC3 encoded AVI's.

My question is, what if I've been decoding all of my MP3 encoded avi's at 384bits instead of the suggested 224bits? does this really matter? is this why my sound is so low on some movies?

Thanks for the help

2. Chroma45

Chroma45 Regular member

Bitrate won't affect low or high sound output. What you can try doing is using VitualDubMod to rip out the sound to WAV and re-encode the sound using BeLight (a GUI for BeSweet). It may take a while to figure out the controls but it has options for normalization.

3. Induna

Induna Member