1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

divx playback issues on dvd player.

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by xboxdvl2, Dec 24, 2010.

1. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

first i dont know if this should be posted here or in dvd player discussion??
    2nd its just turned 12:04 am christmas day here.so merry christmas and have a happy new year everyone

ok the dvd player im using is a philips dvp3252.the problem im having is when i try and play a divx file over 1gb it stops usually around halfway or 3 quarters (probably around the 1gb mark).had a read through the instruction book and it doesnt say anything about files over 1gb not working.the disc works fine on my computer and runs all the way through.also most of my divx files have been converted from xvid using avic100 (4ccchanger).any ideas what could be causing this or any ideas to get them to work with compressing the files.

2. attar

attar Senior member

3. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

4. attar

attar Senior member

Does it have USB to compare with a disk?

5. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

my dvd player has a usb input but i dont have a usb drive here to try it out.Apparently external hdds dont work on on my dvd player.I have a 128GB usb drive but doesnt work properly.managed to get 1 movie to work on it that was 1.39GB divx and that worked fine.probably will buy a usb drive in a few days.may even borrow 1 that works properly before then.

6. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

ok i tryed hooking my external hdd up to the dvd player and works fine.the movie still cuts out at a certain point running off external hdd.is there a simple way to split a movie thats 1.20 gb (divx)into 2 files of 600mb each without having to re-encode the video.

p.s sorry about the late reply ive been a bit busy.