1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

divx-player + Subtitles

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by SteveJoy, Feb 7, 2005.

1. SteveJoy

SteveJoy Member

Hi,

I have a hiteker xdv-950 divx player compatible with .srt/.sub files.
    i allready found out that it only plays dvd+/-r and not dvd+/-rw with divx files(allready spend a few dvd's on finding this out).

but my problem is that i don't know how to get the subtitles played with the movie.

i usually burn a dvd with nero in iso. mode and just add the divx files there.
    i tried to put the movie.divx with the movie.srt file in one map and than add it to the dvd.
    but that still didn't displays te subtilel on my tv.

does anyone know what i'm doing wrong?
    plz reply

2. sjaakrood

sjaakrood Member

Download and install new firmware here:

http://www.pcu.nl//download/950-jan05.zip

After installation you may have to run setup again for audio and video settings and reconnect your cables. It worked with my player. Enjoy!

3. SteveJoy

SteveJoy Member

I installed that firmware a while ago.
    But my hiteker player wasn't giving any video and audio anymore after installation.
    I send it back to the Hiteker factory where they should be fixing the problem right now.
    I did reconnect the scart cable, but not the powersupply cable(maybe that should do it).

4. sjaakrood

sjaakrood Member

After installation, pressing the "mode" button on the remote a couple of times braught back video and audio with my player.