1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Divx to Dvd burning

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by keep7925, Jun 19, 2003.

1. keep7925

keep7925 Member

I'm sorry if this question has been asked before, but i couldn't find it. I was wondering if there's anyway to compress a divx file or larger files like that to fit on a regular 4.7g dvdr? If this is possible I would much appreciate an answer and advice on where to get the software necessary. Thanks

2. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

You ask how to compress a DivX file to fit on a DVD?? What DivX files are greater than 4.7GB? You can compress files to fit on to DVD no problem, but clarify your question first. DivX files are usually arond 700MB if they are movies! You could get 4 or 5 of these on 1 DVD?

3. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

I know exactly what you mean man!! I found the best way to encode divx to dvd-r is DVD2SVCD with CCE SP!! Man its good! Have you tried anything yet?

4. keep7925

keep7925 Member

well, i know that the divx should fit on my dvd-rs, but i guess it might just be my burning software because it reads the files as well over 5 gigs. I tried the CCE SP software recommended but it won't let me save ecl files for some reason. I don't know what to do next. I might try downloading a different burning software--do you think that would work, and if so, what would you recommend?

5. Dela

Wait a second, what exactly do you want to do?? do you want to put divx on dvd-r? and just have divx on dvd-r, or do u want to be able to watch it from a dvd player?

6. keep7925

keep7925 Member

yeah, i'm trying or would like to put divx on to a dvd-r to watch it, not just for storage. Is that even possible?

7. Dela

watch it on what mate?? the computer or a stand-alone dvd player?? lol im confussed

8. ryan2107

ryan2107 Member

im going to join this thread. i also would like to know how to put a DivX/Xvid file onto a DVD+R so i can watch it on a stand alone.
    i have nics xvid/divx codec as well. any suggestions or links for guides?

Last edited: Jun 22, 2003
  9. Dela

10. ryan2107

ryan2107 Member

ok thanks. currently i cant get to the site to get DVD2SVCD. do you know any other guides? thanks for your help.

11. Dela

Why does that link not bring you to it?? :S if u need to download DVD2SVCD you can get it from the software section of this site!

EDIT: or alternatively you can click DVD2SVCD <-- will bring you straight to the download page!_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Come Say Hi on IRC!!! Server: irc.emule-project.net channel: #ad_buddies
    James![/small]

Last edited: Jun 24, 2003
  12. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Dela - is it better to use DVD2SVCD and then CCE SP on the outputted file from the former mentioned software? Or can i just use CCE on ts own to convert a 800MB DivX file to Mpeg2?

Thanks
    Chris

13. Dela

DVD2SVCD is a frontend so basically it is besweet, whatever encoder you choose, bbmpeg and what image maker u choose! So its all one process from avi to mpeg-2!

14. keep7925

keep7925 Member

ok, i think i kinda got lost in that last converstation. I don't know quite as much about all that technical stuff. So i'm looking to put divx files on a dvd-r so i can watch it on a dvd player. I have dvd2svcd, but I don't really know how to use it; i'm kinda new at this thing. So could i get any help with how to us dvd2svcd to change divx files to making them compatible with dvd-r burning software using dvd2svcd? Thanks

15. Dela