1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Divx to DVD-R with PCM audio...

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by vonitsa, Mar 5, 2005.

1. vonitsa

vonitsa Member

It sounds pretty easy but here what's happening:
    Windows XP-SP2 512MB memory.
    I have made a lot of DVDs from divx files using DVDSanta with great success.
    Lately I am running into big problems though. I have some divx files that I want to convert and DVDSanta simply refuses to do so. The conversion starts a few minutes after I press the CONVERT button and the resulting files have no sound at all.
    Here is the situation: divx movies are in PAL system with PCM audio. All required codecs are installed and Windows media Player can play the file and the sound. It appears that DVDSanta has a problem capturing the PCM audio because if I load a divx video file with an mpeg-1 audio the program does its job very well.
    I tried to convert with Nerovision Express 3 but the results are disapointing (blured video and corrupted audio). I tried using TMPGenc Plus but it takes half a day for the conversion. I also own CCE SP Works version but it is very complicated to use.
    Can someone tell me why DVDSanta doesn't do its work right with this kind of audio files?
    Can someone also point me to a guide of how to use CCE SP? I searched a lot in this forums but I only found a guide for another version of the program....
    Please help!!!

2. vonitsa

vonitsa Member

Come on guys! Nobody has an answer? Can someone at least point me to a CCE SP how-to-use-guide?