1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Divx to DVD-R

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by docsevo, May 16, 2002.

1. docsevo

docsevo Guest

Hello,
    New to this board but have been at this for a few monhts. Just bought A04 (pioneer) and am trying to convert Divx movies to DVD-R. I'm using VitualDub and TMPGe to first extract the wav and convert/combine the avi and wav to MPEG-2 (DVD) with TMPGe. I am having trouble with two areas.

#1 The video source is 16:9 (2.35:1) and the final DVD-R picture is stretched on my TV. How do I correct this and with what.

#2 The finished MPEG has audio when I play it on the computer (PowerDVD) but on the DVD-R there is no audio when playing on the TV. ??

If anyone has a tried and true method and would rather just direct me to that link or instruction I would really appreciate it. The above method is based on the Divx to DVD article at vcdhelp.com

Thank you.

Chris

2. lvanhaes

lvanhaes Member

Hi Chris
    I'm trying the A04 out for the first time now.
    If you have any suggestions, hints, tips, please pass them on. On the other hand if you have questions please feel free to ask. I'm a newbie to DVD burning but not to DVD ripping.
    Brgds,
    Luc