1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

divx to dvd-r

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by ripdaddy, May 7, 2003.

1. ripdaddy

ripdaddy Guest

is the video quality of a dvd degraded if it is changed to divx and then changed back? If there is, is there a place to download full dvd image files even though they are huge?

2. msb5150

msb5150 Regular member

Yes and no. Piracy, even as a backup is illegal unethical and not accepted at this site, this is the second post I have read of yours where you specifically asked for a download link or site, that can get you banned from here. Did you not read the rules? Maybe the mods will be nice this time, but then again maybe not. Back to your first question, since divx is a lossy compression, you will not get the full quality dvd data back upon decompressing, you are much better of the copy the dvd from the disc, since it sounds as if you have dvd burning capabilities I believe that you are quite able to do this, the guides here are excelent on backing up dvd's. I suppose that you had downloaded some divx movies, you can either uncompress them and burn to dvd or play them on your computer, another method would be to get the new dvd player by Kiss (I think that is the manufacturer) that is capable of playing divx.