1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DivX to DVD

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by pedxing, Jan 28, 2007.

1. pedxing

pedxing Member

Ok, I posted last night in the DivX forum, but apparently it was the wrong board. Here's my post again:

Hi, I know there is a dozen programs that convert DivX to the standard playable DVD format. I was wondering if there are particular freeware programs that preserve quality better than others. Again, quality is my main concern here (altough an easy to use program would be nice. But maybe they're all the same as far as quality (I have no idea). Any particular tutorials I should check out?

And yes, my home DVD player cannot play DivX. That's why I need to convert.

Anybody try the program ConvertXtoDVD?

http://www.dvd-guides.com/content/view/158/59/

How about gui4ffmpeg?

http://forum.videohelp.com/viewtopic.php?p=1345948#1345948

2. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

convertxtodvd2 works verry good and has great quailty, but this is a program that you have to buy, also if you posted the same question in a different forum that is called multiposting and it is not allowed, sometimes you just have to do a little reading to find the right thing, so no biggy, and the program is easy to use and it will convert a whole bunch of differnt video formats to dvd. good luck

3. mistycat

mistycat Active member

4. pedxing

pedxing Member

Thanks Misty cat. That worked pretty well. Some 'diginoise' stuff here and there (could be my cheap DVD player), but overall it did that trick.