1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

divX to VCD on 1 CD

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by maesstro, Jul 5, 2003.

1. maesstro

maesstro Member

Got the TMPGEnc, used the unlock template, set the stream type to non-standard, adjusted the bitrate to fit a movie on 1 CD,
    converted divx to vcd but the file came out way too big for 1 CD and way over the size TMPGEnc calculated.
    Lowered the bitrate, sourced a small portion of the movie, encoded and then did the encoding of the very same portion with a
    totally different bitrate and files were same in size.
    Messed around with various templates from the net, aspect ratio, frame rate, CQ, buffer size...but no results.
    This is driving me nuts!
    What am I doing wrong?
    Any suggestions?

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Ok you mentioned source range so this is pretty weird, usually setting the source range would stop TMPGEnc over estimating the length of the file!

I would suggest that you use a KVCD template because you can get high quality non standard vcd onto an 80 min disc and fit about 120 minutes of it!

3. maesstro

maesstro Member

Dela, thanks for the response.
    I messed around with few of KVCD templates, but didn't achieve the results. Which particular KVCD template would you reccomend? I have PAL system.
    The source ranging in the above message was referring to only small bits of movie just to get the comparison in file size with different bitrates.

4. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

All i know is their most common used is 120minutes per 80 min cd! so try that template out!