1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DIVX to VCD

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by UKGUY2001, Jan 6, 2002.

1. UKGUY2001

UKGUY2001 Member

Is it possible to turn my Divx movie into 2 VCD's without losing the quality, if yes how??

2. UKGUY2001

UKGUY2001 Member

Hello anyone out there ???

3. UKGUY2001

UKGUY2001 Member

I know its sunday but come on, i need help. I wanna watch Jurrasic Park 3 on my TV

4. crfollett

crfollett Guest

Buy a video card with TV out.

5. UKGUY2001

UKGUY2001 Member

i have got 1 but i dont wont to wire it up, i want to know how to change to VCD format.

6. crfollett

crfollett Guest

I very much doubt that it is possible. You will probably have to follow the VCD instructions on this website from scratch.

7. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

You can't convert anything to other format without losing quality -- whether you're doing VCD to DivX, SVCD to DivX, DivX to SVCD, DivX to VCD or whatever. This is because all of these formats are "lossy" formats -- they take less space because they drop certain part of the video data out in order to reduce the size of the video -- and so, when you're converting from one lossy format to another, the other conversion has less data that it can play with in order to get the best results.

But you can convert DivX to VCD, follow this guide:

http://www.afterdawn.com/articles/archive/divx_with_subtitles_to_vcd.cfm