1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DivX to VCD

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by ftrudeau, Apr 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ftrudeau

ftrudeau Member

hello. im having trouble following procedures on this page, http://www.afterdawn.com/articles/archive/divx_with_subtitles_to_vcd.cfm, to convert an existing DivX file into VCD.

I followed all the instructions, but when I try to save the file as a pseudo-AVI file, the frame server simply does not start ! I get a file of 1k (name off the file), and the process seams to hang there ...

Any idea ?
    Thanks !

2. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

That's exactly the point. All numbers should show zeros and the pseudo-AVI should be small. You leave it open and running and open the pseudo-AVI with TMPGEnc and numbers should start running once you're actually using the frameserver.

3. ftrudeau

ftrudeau Member

Right, but when I open TMPGenc, and try to load the pseudo AVI file just created by VDub, I get this error : "File pseudo.avi can not open, or unsupported".

=(

4. dRD

Go to TMPGEnc's Global Settings and VFAPI Plugins tab. Increase the priority of the DirectShow Multimedia Reader (or something along those lines) priority higher.

5. ftrudeau

ftrudeau Member

nop, did not change anything. seams like TMPGenc is just unable to read the pseudo file itself.

6. dRD

7. wonderboy

wonderboy Guest

ftrudeau make sure you have the right divx codecs to encode the movie that will give you the error in tmpgenc. try downloading 3.11,4.0, and 5.0 and installing this should do the trick.

8. matsuko

matsuko Guest

I'm having the exact same problem as ftrudeau. I've followed dRD & wonderboy's directions to not avail. Is there any other way to create a pseudo-avi?

9. dRD

matsuko: Read the Framserving FAQ from our DVD Ripping forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.