1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DivX to VCD

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by BlkPnthr, Aug 27, 2003.

1. BlkPnthr

BlkPnthr Guest

Is it possible to make a VCD using Nero and using DivX files? I have come across many avi and mpeg files that don't play properly, so, have re-encoded them using Dr.DivX and now they play fine however, am having troubles putting them onto a CD in either VCD or SVCD format for playback on my stand-alone DVD player..

Thx

2. mac71

mac71 Guest

With the AVI you need to encode them using an encoder such as TMPGEnc. Use the wizard and either encoded them to VCD(MPEG1) or SVCD(MPEG2).

Then you can burn the mpeg with Nero by selcting vcd or svcd fomat to burn.

3. flrider

flrider Member

Mac,
    Converting the DivX AVI back into an MPEG defeats the purpose of the 1/10 size and great quality video DivX encoding provides. I asked the same question in another thread...we don't want to encode it to MPEG to burn the VCD! Is there no way to use the DivX encoded AVI?

4. mac71

mac71 Guest

Yes encoding does suffer quality loss, but VCD=MPEG1 and SVCD=MPEG2.

Yes you can burn the AVI to cd as a iso file using Nero. It will playback on any player that supports Divx.Avi format.

So if you plan on burning to cd to layback on your standalone DVD player then you will probably need to encode to VCD or SVCD, unless your player supports Divx playback.

5. powerdup

powerdup Regular member

If you dont want to re-encode your avi files, and you still want to watch them on your tv, you can either buy a standalone player which supports divx playback or you can watch via tv-out card.

6. BlkPnthr

BlkPnthr Guest

Thanks, I'll probably leave it alone. Don't need to watch it on my TV that bad. Can't justify purchasing a stand-alone for that.