1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Divx with AC3 5.1 glitch?

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by alienjedi, Jan 27, 2003.

1. alienjedi

alienjedi Member

I recently downloaded my first divx with ac3 surround 5.1 instead of the usual mp3 audio. I have the ac3 decoder and the audio sounds great and all, but the second I pause or search through the video (i.e. fastfoward, rewind) the audio sounds like there are little foot steps in the background (Background noise). If I let the file play through it all is clear as a bell, but if I interupt it at all it starts screwing up, the video remains fine. I also tried playign the file without the ac3 filter, just the decoder so it came out as stereo and in this mode the file sounds fine, but I get no 5.1 :(. My system is a P3 1ghz, 256 ram, audigy sound card, geforce3 video, and plenty of hard drive to spare. I was thinking maybe my processor is having trouble with the high quality audio when the stream of the movie gets interupted. Has anyone had a similar problem or know what the hell I am doing wrong?

2. Khisanth

Khisanth Regular member

it doesn't sound like the actual movie has a problem or the codecs. I don't know for sure but I would start with some maintenance like defrag and scandisk, remove junk, free up space. and see what happens and when it happens and does it happen with all movies?

3. alienjedi

alienjedi Member

No, all my movies are fine...even this one is fine when I listen to it in stereo mode, but when I do it in full 5.1 mode, it is fine until I fastfoward/rewind/pause or inteupt the video stream in some way