1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

divx with subtitles

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by Desparate, Sep 22, 2003.

1. Desparate

Desparate Member

Hello

After quite some time and using the dvd to divx guide base on gordian knot in this site (http://www.afterdawn.com/articles/archive/gordian_knot_ac3.cfm) and after doing exactly as it says i end up with an avi file that playes on microsoft media player video and sound ok but no subtitles :(
    When i double click the avi file i dont get that arrow like icon on the taskbar by the clock from when i am supposed to select substitles. I have the gortian knot both rip and server pack plus the virtualbud from where btw i can see the subs (which are allready ripped blah blah) but i cant merge the two files video+subs ( i tried but i got a 20GB file!!!!! when my avi is 700MB and the subs like 3 MBs). What i ask you is to tell me how i get to see the subs either from media player using the right plugin (directvobsub???)or how to add the subs to the avi divx file. Please note the directvobsub is installed (after many tries i got it to install).
    To moderator: sorry if i am repeating some1 else i did searched but i am too tiered
    Thanks

2. powerdup

powerdup Regular member

Are the subs in the same directory as the movie?

If you followed the guide, then you must have compressed the subtitles. have you tried uncompressing them and leave those in the directory of the movie?
    Did you rename the files vobsub created with the same name as the movie? I might be talking about an older version of vobsub, but Im sure that you need to place the *.ifo file vobsub created in the same directory as the movie.

Have you tried re-installing vobsub?

Last edited: Sep 22, 2003
  3. Desparate

Desparate Member

Hi thanks for answering

ok... i gave 3 files in the same directory as the movie is 1 is the subs index(VTS_01_0.idx) file 43kbs in size the other is the subs themselfes(VTS_01_0.sub) 4762 kbs in size then i also have this file compresses with winrar 938kb in size (VTS_01_0.rar) the movie name is event_horizon.avi size 700mb approximatelly.
    Is that my problem?? do i have to give all the same name event_horizon ???? In this directory i also have all the files created during the processes rips all.

4. Desparate

Desparate Member

Thanks powerdub that was it i had to rename the files it now works fine :))))))

Stupid of me

5. powerdup

powerdup Regular member

Glad to hear it.

Mistakes like these aren't caused by stupidity, unless youve done this kind of thing before and you rushed into things and forgot an important step. However, if youre new to this then its ok to let it slide. :)