1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Divx XVid DVD Repair

Discussion in 'DVD2One forum' started by PAD48, Jul 31, 2006.

1. PAD48

PAD48 Regular member

Hi,
    I´ve got a lot of files,MPEG2s but mostly Divx XVid -Mpeg4 downloads that I`m converting to DVD. I`ve noticed that the encoded video is missing some frames and freezes sometimes, including sound.
    I usually check the original files, so I`m pretty sure it`s in the conversion process somewhere.
    First, can anyone recommend a freeware Repair program ,where I can check the "Originals" with, and secondly a reliable convert to DVD programm that doesn`t cost the earth.
    A good freeware will do cos I`m not into professional editing or production.
    Thanx
    PAD48

2. OneMember

OneMember Active member

Freeze?
    You can try to fix them using these: AVI Defreezer or DivFix.

And software what convert video to dvd-files?
    WinAVI and DVD Santa. Well ConvertXtoDVD will do the job also.

If the error is in the end you can ise Virtualdub(MOD) to cut it out...

3. PAD48

PAD48 Regular member

Yeh, Well I usually use ConvertXtoDVD which does the job fine and burn with Shrink or Nero.
    I`ve subsequently found that the end product depends on the quality of dvds you`re using.
    The motto being: use a crap Microphone and your voice will sound crap.
    I burned the converted files/movies onto new good DVD+RWs and I didn`t get any freezes - touch wood.
    Sometimes it seems as if you need a PhD to get the Downloads into a watchable format.
    But I guess if everyone thought like me, there`d be no forums like this one, which I enjoy; The Industry doesn`t make it any easier does it ?
    I mean this program doesn`t work with that one , and you need this encoder for that file. Know what I mean ?
    Anyway ,thanks for the tips and sorry about the beefing,
    Trial and error - works every time !
    PAD48