1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DivxRepair=Audio Sync Problem (Help?)

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by rocky38, May 14, 2003.

1. rocky38

rocky38 Member

Have Divx movie. Only problem was video frooze in some parts while audio kept playing. Found a nifty program through this form called DivxRepair. Worked great for what I needed. To get TMPGE to finish encoding Some Divx movies.

But I ran into this problem. DivxRepair put my audio out of sync by as much as 3 seconds! The movie was find before, the frame just froze in a couple of places.

I've gotten into the habbit of running my Divx movies thru the DivxRair first, and this is the first time it (DivxRepair) caused audio sync problems.

Anyone ever run into this problem, if so, what should I do. I kept the original Divx copy of the movie (with the still frames)

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

hmm, did you try using avifixed?? that might work better but then again it might work a lot worse so create a backup of your divx before using it!

3. rocky38

rocky38 Member

Thank you for your responce.

Yes I made a backup of the original divx.

I ran it thru divxrepair twice to be sure to see if it was going to be consistant with throwing my audio out of sync. It is.

No I had not tried avifixed yet. I have downloaded it the other day & thought about it, but avifixed talked about fixing files at the end of a movie and previewing.

I'll try this when I get home this evening, first thing.

If this fails, do you Dela, personally have a tecktic for handling a divx movies that have still frame issues but the sound continues.

4. Dela

I have a few ideas up my sleeve yes :p lol! avifixed does a mitracle job sometimes by finding bad frames!! if that doesnt work, you're looking at using Nandub or Virtualdubmod which would be harder to use!

5. rocky38

rocky38 Member

Well, I'm currently using avifixed that you mentioned. How long have you heard about it running to do a repair.

I imagine it would depend on the quality of the divx, but, originally the frames froze in only three places in the movie.

I started avifixed when I got home, around 5:30, its now 9:30 and its still finding invalid data. It started @ 60080fream (ya, "fream")and has been finding invalid data at around 5000fream increments. So for I'm at 560059872fream. (4 hours so far)

Should I try something else, I dont think this is going to work. I'm gonna let it run for another hour or so before I give up on it.

6. rocky38

rocky38 Member

I gave up on avifixed on this divx application. I let it run for 5 hours and thought there must be a problem. My computer is only 3 months old and considered high end, so I elimated "old computer hardware" for lenght of time for processing.

Im goning to take your second advice and try Virtualdubmod. I take you at your word when you say it is much harder to use. Knowing what you know about what I'm trying to occomplish, are you aware of a link for directions on how to use this program for what I need to do?

Thax again for your time & your help.

7. Dela

Nope I'm not!! anyway, in buth virtualdubmod and nandub, theres a list of buttons and the last two buttons are start selection and end selection, so select a bit of the video with the bad frames and click edit and there should a delete selection or something there!!