1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

divxRepair crashes when repairing avi

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by CaptChaos, Aug 11, 2003.

1. CaptChaos

CaptChaos Member

Hi

I have an avi and when i play it, at 1h10m, the picture goes all blocky & shuts divxplayer down.

I used divxrepair on it & it told me something about crash dump (or something).

The weird thing is that if (in divxplayer) I "jump" over the bit where it goes wrong(by manually moving the play cursor), it carries on playing fine, but if I try to play from 1h09m onwards, it freezes again.

I guess its a bad frame that messes it all up .... Is there a way I can get rid of the bad frame(s) and how do I do it?

I've got divxrepair, tmpgenc dvd author, cinemacraft encoder, dvd2svcd, besweet, gspot & virtualdub ... will any of these help? How do I find out which frame starts the "corruption"?

Thanks in advance.

Ian

2. Yuriv

Yuriv Regular member

THIS IS NOT A DIVX/XVID FORUM. There is an appropriate place for this question, and this is not it.
    Use a program called AVI defreezer available at www.divx-digest.com to solve your problem.
    If you have further problems, consult the DivX forum for info.

3. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member