1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DivXtoDVD burning a series

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by GroveBoy, Mar 31, 2005.

1. GroveBoy

GroveBoy Member

I have 12 Divx files that I'm converting to DVD. I figure I could get three maybe four episodes on DVD.

Now, i dont want it to play as a whole movie, so what program do I use when I burn them, so I can select which episode to watch?

Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2005
  2. rebootjim

rebootjim Active member

DVDLab or Tmpgenc DVD Author are probably the two most common. There are others.

3. GroveBoy

GroveBoy Member

Yea, I took a look at TMPGEnc this morning. For the source file I selected the Video_TS folder where my files were, and it didnt show anything...I went into the folder, and it didnt show anything. i know they are there.

Maybe I need to play around with it more. It looked like it just reprocessed the files? Is that correct.
    Maybe I should find a guide...lol.

4. rebootjim

rebootjim Active member

You've already done something to put them into DVD structure. Not exactly the best way to go about it.
    You can reauthor them in DVDLab easily, it will accept .vob's for input. Make sure you select VTS_1_01.vob, and choose "Join and demux" when prompted.

5. GroveBoy

GroveBoy Member

Yea, since they were .avi's I converted them with DivxtoDVD. I still have the originals, should i run them thru TMPGE instead?

6. rebootjim

rebootjim Active member

Either. If VSO did it's job right, you can still reauthor in DVDLab to save time.
    If DVDLab throws up any kind of error, then you would probably be better off to re-encode to elementary streams in tmpgenc.