1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DIVXtoDVD -- now using ConvertXtoDVD problem???

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by bradyboy, Mar 9, 2007.

1. bradyboy

bradyboy Member

Hey all,
    Thanks in advance for any help with this.

I have 6 episodes (approx 320mb per episode) of a show I want to burn onto a disc (dvd-r Tayio Yuden). When using DIVXtoDVD I would convert then use dvd shrink + decryptor). By the way 6 was my MAx amount of episodes I could fit on 1 disc. For 6 the % would drop to around 80% on DVD Shrink (slightly less quality) which would be fine for me. But now I'm using COnvertXtoDVD and the same 6 episodes are coming in at 100% but not only that but it's only using 2457mb (out of the max 4300mb) for 6 episodes, while the DIVXtoDVD used the max. Now it looks like I can fit about 10 episodes on a disc (just doing the math). Is this posiible or was my old DIVXtoDVD software screwed up? Or am I screwing up the new ConvertXtoDVD software?
    I've watched only a few minutes of one of my discs and all seem fine but now I'm thinking of putting more episodes on each disc.
    Any knowledge would be greatly appreciated. By the way I went thru the guide step by step & I really don't think I missed anything.
    BB

2. attar

attar Senior member

I don't think you are doing anything wrong.
    It comes down to the quality of the original plus disk quality plus burning speed.
    When I process half a dozen tv shows to one dvd I generally get poor results, but that is because I am using non-optimal media.
    I don't count the Buffy Torrents that I produce for my better half as worth a Yuden, so I processed single files through Convertx and then authored three of them per disk and burned with DVD Shrink/decrypter.
    The fact that you get good results is a bonus.
    Recently I got a gem of an RCA player that handles Divx, so now it's twelve Charmed episodes per disk and less work for me.

3. bradyboy

bradyboy Member

I'm still not getting it. When I'm converting the media in ConvertXtoDVD it states on the bottom how much media the total episodes amount to. For the 6 it was 5.43gb. But when the converting is over and I read it in DVD Shrink it's less than half. How can that be?

4. src2206

src2206 Member

The newer version of CX2D has a very good compression capability which your DivXToDVD [if I remember correctly, the free predecessor of CX2D] does not have.

Technically max 7hrs video+Audio can be packed in a DVD5 provided you do not complain about the quality.

BTW, IMHO, it is better to stick to CX2D to fit your episodes in 1 DVD rather than using DVDShrink.