1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DIVXtoDVD questions.

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by GroveBoy, Mar 26, 2005.

1. GroveBoy

GroveBoy Member

I have 12 350MB files that i want to burn to DVD. I tried to use DivXtoDVD but it said it would take 22 hours and needed 22Gigs of space? Is that normal?

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

It doesn"t Matter How big your Files are it matters How Long the Files are and what Bitrate is used to encode them to Mpeg-2/Vob...

Generally you Can fit about 2.5 Hours of Video on a Standard DVD(Full D1) so if you have say 10 hours of Video then yes it will Take up that Much Space and Take that Long and you would Have to Put the Video on Multiple DVD"s if useing "DivXtoDVD" ......

3. GroveBoy

GroveBoy Member

Thanx for your reply.

Basiclly its like this. Its 12 files, each is an hour episode of a TV show.

Is there another program that would let me put them all on 1 DVD? If not thats ok.

4. Minion

Minion Senior member

Hi, No you Can"t fit 12 hours on a DVD...

You can get 6 hours useing the SIF DVD format but the Quality will only be about VCD quality and you can"t use DivXtoDVD to do that...

To Fit 6 hours on a DVD you would have to first get a Good Encoder Like Tmpgenc and encode your Files to Mpeg-2 at 352+240 (For NTSC) with a Bitrate of about 1500kbs and then after encodeing you would need to use a DVD authoring Program Like DVDLab to add your Menu"s and Chapters and to author the Files to DVD...

Cheers