1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DL Dual Layer Burning Software

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by GoldMembr, Aug 26, 2004.

1. GoldMembr

GoldMembr Member

I have purchased the new Sony DL Dual Layer DVD Burner and just picked up some DL Dual Layer Media and i was wondering what programs i can use to burn to DL Dual Layer Media? Does Nero 5.5 work with it or do i need the newer Nero 6 or some other software. The media is pretty expensive and only comes in DVD+R format so it can't be overwritten. To expensive for a coaster. Anybody that has a DL Dual Layer DVD Burner that has done some testing please respond. Thanks

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

The Newest versions of Nero 6 support Dual Layered Burning...And for Authoring DVD Movies the Newest version of "Tmpgenc DVD Author" support Dual Layered Burning.....

I was thinking about getting a Dual Layered Burner because they are Pretty Cheap, Not much more than regular DVD burners, I even seen them on Sale at Tiger Direct for $50US after rebate but the Media is SOOOoooo expensive, they are $14 Canadian Each at the stores were they are available, and I just Picked up a 100 Pack of regular DVD-R"s for about .30c each so for the Price of one DL DVD+R I can get allmost 50 Singe Layered ones ...I"m sure in a Couple Years they will be a Lot cheaper so I think I"ll wait till then as I have no problem getting a couple movies on each DVD....

Good Luck With your new Burner.....Cheers

3. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Elby's CloneDVD 2 supports DL as well :)

4. sunshin

sunshin Member

DVDFab also can support dual layer burner/media. I heard this from my friend. You can get it at http://www.dvdidle.com/.

5. deadcat

deadcat Regular member

Or DVD Decrypter (FREE)
    one of the first to offer dual layer burning