1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DL DVD Burners

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by jesusboy, Mar 1, 2005.

1. jesusboy

jesusboy Guest

Im planning to purchase a Double Layer 16x DVD Burner. I want to know if this burns a movie onto the disc as if the one disc is two so if u have a large movie it will fit on a normal 4.7 Gb DVD?

2. Pna352

Pna352 Member

your usin dvd shrink arent you ?

3. olamite

olamite Regular member

i recommend plextor 716a it'll get the job done

4. jesusboy

jesusboy Guest

Yeah im goin to buy an plextor but im using DVDXCOPY Platinuim.

5. 222333444

222333444 Member

You have to buy a special disc that is around $10 each, so it isn't worth it at this time. These discs are around 9 gig instead of 4.7. The advantage is, you don't have to use any compression to fit the movie on the disc.

6. jesusboy

jesusboy Guest

Thanx i know about those DL layer disc but what i want to know is that if u use the DL Burner will it burn a 4.7 GB as if it were a DL disc so u dont have to compress or shrink a movie.

7. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

It sounds like English, but I can't understand a damn word you're saying.

If your asking will a dual layer disk Copy a original DVD without compression the answer is yes. If it were a 4.7GB disk you wouldn't need a dual layer disk to begin with...

8. SciGuyMW

SciGuyMW Member

I have a DL burner and the answer to your question is no. If the movie you're trying to back up is dual layer you'll have to either re-author it to get it down to 4.7G or compress it using Shrink. To back up a DL movie you'll have to use the DL media if you don't want to compress it.
    SciGuy

9. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Oh think I get it now... You want to know if your Dual layer burner will make a 4.7GB disk turn into a 9.4GB disk?? LOL of course not.. 4.7GB means it will only hold 4.7GB of data you can't make it a Dual Layer disk with your Dual layer burner. That is why they make Dual Layer disks..

Sarcasm is just one more service we offer :)

10. jesusboy

jesusboy Guest

lol thanks alot that was what i wanted to know. sry bout the confusion thanx alot for the help.