1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DL dvd+r burning help?

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by hoopdrms3, Jul 9, 2007.

1. hoopdrms3

hoopdrms3 Member

Hey i have a fujitsu lifebook s6310 and i need to know whether it supports dl dvd+r burning, the description page for the laptop states that the modular bay device is a Dual Layer Super Multi Writer/ DVD/ CD-RW Combo Drive. Any help is much appreciated!

2. JVC

JVC Active member

Usually, when something is listed as a "Combo" drive, it is a DVD Rom and a CD burner. In your case, with it saying Dual Layer, I'm not sure, because dual layer and combo drive, usually aren't in the same sentence. I think all dvd burners also burn cds. So, if it's a fairly new drive, and it burns dvds, it probably will burn DL discs. Almost all the newer burners will burn both +R DL and -R DL discs, but I'd stick with +R DL's. Use Verbatim +R DL discs. Don't buy another brand because they're cheaper. They won't be worth the trouble......

Do this:
    Double click on "My Computer". Then right click on your drive's icon, and choose "Properties". When properties window opens, click on the "Hardware" tab. It may tell you the brand and model number of your drive. If it does, let us know. We can tell you more then.....
    Good luck!

BTW........
    On the front of the drive drawer, does it have "DVD R/RW"?

3. hoopdrms3

hoopdrms3 Member

alright, on the front of the drive drawer it has three icons; compact disc rewritable, DVD multi recorder and dvd rewritable.
    From looking at my drive it is a HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GMA4082Nj. Most of this is pretty cryptic to me but i have burnt dvd + and - R's and CD's (rewritable and not) as well.
    The laptop is quite new i just recieved it at the start of this year. since discovering this site i have resolved many of my issues and questions and i hope i can resolve this one two.

Thanks for the tips and all the help!

4. JVC

JVC Active member

Never did find anything solid about the burner.
    It's either an LG or a Sony, best I can tell, from what I found.
    I'm pretty sure it will burn +R DL media, but not sure about -R DL.
    Good luck!

5. hoopdrms3

hoopdrms3 Member

thanks alot for all the help ill just give it a shot and see what happens but youve helped heaps. Thanks!