1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DL Movies to DVD

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Rockywood, Jul 22, 2003.

1. Rockywood

Rockywood Member

I am new to this, but have read as much as i can without getting a headache. Anyway, here is my problem:

I have downloaded a bunch of DVDrip movies, and want to put them on DVD. I have downloaded TMPGenc, and no how to change the format from .avi to the necessary file type for burning.

The problem is, i can't fit them on one dvd. Is there a program i can use to put a full dvdrip movie on one dvd? I would appreciate the help.

2. ABMone

ABMone Guest

Im not sure im understanding you right but im assuming you encoded then authored and the vobs are to big.(yes,no?)

if so you can run them through dvd2one or dvdshrink to make it fit.

3. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

If you haven't done what Ken and I both assume you have, then i would suggest that you Download TMPGEnc and TMPGEnc DVD Author, you can download them both from the following website:

http://www.chrismccann.co.uk

TMPGEnc >> Click on >> Downloads >> DVD Recording Tools

TMPGEnc DVD Author >> Click on >> User Guides >> TMPGEnc DVD Author

Use TMPGEnc to convert the avi file to mpeg2 format. Use the TMPGEnc DVD Author to convert the mpeg2 to VOB format allowing you to put it on a DVD. You may/will need to compress the files before putting them on to DVD. Use the free tool, DVD Shrink, available from the User Guide section under DVD shrink of that website.

4. ABMone

ABMone Guest

did you just call me ken? or are you talking about something else.

5. ken0042

ken0042 Regular member

Maybe Chris has been drinking again. Check for spoons. :)

6. Rockywood

Rockywood Member

Thanks guys, i will give it a shot. I love these forums, i hope someday i know enough to help other people like you guys do.

7. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

cant find a spoon, but i think i am sober.

*trying to touch my nose while standing on one foot*

Yep, im sober. I tell you what i did. I always open up two windows. It means i can reply faster and get on to something else. I was reading one of Ken's posts and got a bit confudled (confused). I may well be going nuts. I'll get a psych evaluation!

Yipety Yip, micro-chips

Chris

8. Rockywood

Rockywood Member

Well, i'm using TMPGEnc to change a movie (Mulan) t MPEG2, and it's taking abut 6 hours! Does it usually take this long?

9. ABMone

ABMone Guest

6 hours is a pretty descent time

10. Rockywood

Rockywood Member

Well, i tried doing as you said. I used TMPGEnc to change the .avi to mpeg2, and everything went great. Then, when i tried to change the mpeg2 to .vob using TMPGEnc author, i received this message:
    [​IMG]

Does anyone know what i am doing wrong? I tried checking various guides, but they only describe how to rip and then convert files, i'm not ripping anything. I'm trying to convert movies i have downloaded off of p2p sharing programs such as Kazaa.

11. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Are you sure you have converted to mpeg2 format? Right click on them >> properties >> what is the file extension? make sure the original file ended in .avi and not .cd1.tmt or something like that.

12. Rockywood

Rockywood Member

yes, i just double checked and the file i converted was .avi. I did notice though that the converted file is now mpeg, it does not have a 2 after it. I don't know if it is supposed to or not.

13. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Did you select MPEG2 when encoding. By the way 6 hours is very good, mine is about 10 hours and i have P4 2.53GHz with 768MD DDRAM

14. Rockywood

Rockywood Member

Where do you select that? I didn't change any of the settings.

I have a P4 3.06 ghz processor, just to let you know.

15. Rockywood

Rockywood Member

can someone tell me where the "Sfmpgdec.dll" file is located on their computer? When i try to use TMPGEnc author and it says it can't locate it.

16. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Isnt it part of the Program?

17. Rockywood

Rockywood Member

I guess it is, but for some reason it can't find it when i try to use TMPGEnc Author. If you do a search on your computer for the "Sfmpgdec.dll", and see whare it is located, maybe mine is in the wrong place? I don't know what else to do, i have tried un-installing and re-installing, but that didn't work either.

18. bigcounty

bigcounty Guest

i would sugest try uninstalling all tmpgenc stuff, delete folders of it just dump it but if you have a serial for tmpgenc i would hold on to those, copy them in note pad, then i would restart computer then run some kind of registry fixxer and get rid of the corrupt registry keys and then when that goes all the way through i would shutdown for bout 30 sec-1min then try to reinstall those. i use fix-it-utility 4.0 and it works good for that stuff but you can try system mechanic or first aid registry but those have diffrent setups so read slow when setting it up and pay attention thats why i use fix-it its almost dummy proof
    but i ran a file check and its in the folder that i installed tmpgenc dvd author in so say for instance i installed in c: its located in my c:program files\pegasys inc\tmpgenc dvd author if you goto explorer and goto tools at the top and folder otions then click on the veiw tab then look for hidden files and folders click on the show hidden files or folders and then look where u installed dvd author u should find the file. if u have any questions just ask

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2003
  19. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Rockywood, that problem has been on the afterdawn forum before. The advice given then was to contact TMPGEnc otherwise known as pegasus and im afraid thats the advice i think we're gonna have to give you now.

Hope you get it sorted.
    Chris

20. Rockywood

Rockywood Member

Well, i appreciate all your help everybody.