1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DLA

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by booboo4, Jan 3, 2005.

1. booboo4

booboo4 Member

How do i get past dla format?
    I try to burn a dvd from blockbuster and it tells me it is dla protected? Can anyone help me? I use sonic dvd burning?

2. WiteWizrd

WiteWizrd Regular member

copying a dvd you do not already own is illegal, i STRONGLY suggest you edit this post and erase what you have put...sooooo...DO IT NOW!!!

3. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Get rid of that sonic software, I hardly hear anybody in the forums using that program.

First of all, renting dvd's to backup is illegal. If you have the original and it may have got damaged, then it is legal to back it up if you have the original,lol

Most of us use Dvd shrink , Dvd decrypter and nero.

Both dvd shrink and dvd decrypter are free. Dvd shrink compresses the larger dvd original movies to fit on 1 stand dvdr disc. Dvd decrypter is a more powerful ripper and has a burn engine,but if the movie is too large,you still have to use dvd shrink to compress it.

Because most of my movies are large-dvd9- I only use dvd shrink and nero. Nero works very fine for both cd and dvd burning and shrink has a setting where it automatically burns using nero after the encoding process.If dvd shrink can't rip it,decrypter usually does.Check out resident evil apocalypse threads,dvd shrink could not do that,decrypter had to have a patch. I think a new version of dvd decrypter will be out this week to help on the newer encryptions.

If you don't have nero, you can download a free trial version for 30 days, just click on blue links.

These are high quality programs and with shrink extra enhancements,copies are close to the quality of the originals. Plus you can take out any unwanted items like foreign languages,extra titles,menus and other stuff.

Check out the guides tabs and also different guides throughout the threads if you search for guides for all 3 of these fine programs.

Good Luck