1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DL'ed subtites dont know what to do...

Discussion in 'Subtitle help' started by Siph00, Sep 14, 2005.

1. Siph00

Siph00 Member

Yo I Downloaded subs for robots i got i think its an .avi but i also have a folder that has video_ts, and the sub file says Robots_dvdscr_ENG.srt thats after i extracted it and now i dont know where to put it, it and if i do put it in is there any way i can burn it to dvd+r with the subs on it Please Help..

-Siph00

2. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

For an avi, make sure that the srt and avi have the same name (Robots_dvdscr.avi & Robots_dvdscr.srt) and are in the same location, the subs will then autoload via directvobsub, mplayer, VLC, etc.

To burn to DVD+R, just burn both to the same folder. Not all standalones support external subs, those that do though once again it will autoload.

If you meant for a regular standalone then you need to convert to DVD Video before burning.

3. Siph00

Siph00 Member

oh ok..ill try it and see what happenss

4. Siph00

Siph00 Member

hmm..still doesnt work with VLC..i renamed the WMP video clip Robots_dvdscr_ENG.avi tried playing it with VLC and no subs

5. Siph00

Siph00 Member

hmm..still doesnt work with VLC..i renamed the WMP video clip Robots_dvdscr_ENG.avi tried playing it with VLC and no subs

6. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

VLC autoloads the subs but has them disabled by default. So you are saying that there are no streams to enable under the subtitle menu or you simply didn't check?

Video-->Subtitles Track-->Stream 1

7. Siph00

Siph00 Member

I dont Even Have a Subtitle menu in VLC to begin with maybe cause i put it in the wrong place ok heres the layout The main folder called Robots->Another Robots Folder leading to Video_TS, Robots_dvdscr_ENG.avi (the windows media video clip), and then the Robots_dvdscr_ENG.srt... and thats where i put it

8. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

As long as Robots_dvdscr_ENG.AVI and Robots_dvdscr_ENG.srt are in the same directory, VLC should autodect the subs and there should be a subtitle option in the menu under video where you can enable it.

9. Siph00

Siph00 Member

i also have another question...i burnt a movie to a CompUSA dvd+r and it works in my rooms dvd player and my bros portable dvd player but not in my sisters dvd player...you think its the dvd player or the dvd+r?

10. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

A combination of both. Obviously the disc does work and presumably the player has worked with other discs (at the very least pressed discs).

Did you burn as a DVD-ROM booktype? If not and your burner supports bitsetting, try it.

11. Siph00

Siph00 Member

where do i see if my burner has bitsettings i used dvdshrink so how do i change it if it is a booktype?