1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DLP Bulb Issues

Discussion in 'HDTV discussion' started by biglarry3, Dec 31, 2009.

1. biglarry3

biglarry3 Member

My Sony KDF-46E2000 DLP television was starting to dim across the top of the screen. It started very faintly, but is gradually working its way down further, about an inch or so. It is dimmed out, and yellowish around the edge of the burnout. I got a replacement bulb, and installed it. It worked and the picture is much brighter, but you can still faintly see the area that was burned out. Its much lighter now, but its still there. The tv was only burned out for 2 months or so. Why would this still be showing on the tv even after i changed bulbs??

2. 99ss

99ss Member

3. biglarry3

biglarry3 Member

I thought so. Well, I called Sony, and with my model, if it is the optical, its covered under warranty. If not I have to pay for the repair.

4. 99ss

99ss Member

Check out this thread. Good God Sony has some problems on their hands.KrisE thread to be exact.
    I just checked my lamp housing and it is fine not melted like some. Keeping my fingers crossed but Im still calling Sony on Monday.
    http://www.agoraquest.com/viewforum.php?forum=34

Last edited: Jan 2, 2010