1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dlp2 links

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by maxwell_x, Jun 19, 2007.

1. maxwell_x

maxwell_x Member

i know i must be missing something.
    dlp2 is capable of creating multi-vts dvd's which works out great cuz i have a wide-screen movie with two 4:3 trailers.
    i scoured the help documentation and can't find any info on linking from one vts to another.
    the trailer links in the bonus menu can't link to their respective trailers cuz they're in a second vts ; if i move the bonus menu to the second vts, i can link to the trailers but then the link to the bonus menu from the main menu won't work since the main menu is still in vts 1.
    i've seen plenty of dvd's with 16:9 movies and 4:3 trailers, deleted scenes, etc, so i know it can be done, but how.

btw - i know i can cheat and use the trailers as motion menus but i'd rather do it right.

any help would be appreciated.

2. toaddub

toaddub Regular member

In this case, it is better to create menus in the VMG domain (under VMG Menus node). From here you can link to any VTS and back to the main menu or bonus menu with ease.

Otherwise, for one VTS to jump to another VTS, the only way is to link it to another created VMG Menu (another blank cell), which then is linked to the destination VTS.

3. maxwell_x

maxwell_x Member

thx much for the help. i didn't want to mess with vgm's but did finally discover bridges. it took me a while to figure out how to use them but it was worth it ; they work great.