1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dm 500 - S Not Working

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by bee9791, Aug 25, 2012.

1. bee9791

bee9791 Member

Hi Folks,

When I switched on this morning my DM500S was not working, I've tried the usual stuff, scart etc and now I have just tested on a totally different system. There's no picture no image , nothing, just blank. I wonder if I flashed the image again or something. The Green light is on but not a kick out of it...

Anyone with any theories ??
    Thanks!

2. pudzyryan

pudzyryan Regular member

ok, i would reflash the image to box, i had this problem b4, some power supplys are faultly with the dreams, but reflash with dreamup will sort you out

3. bee9791

bee9791 Member

great stuff Pudzy, I'll snap to it!

4. piopat

piopat Active member

a green light on the box is usually a good sign ,it means atleast the box is alive . reflash the box with a different image or the same image but from a different download source . before you flash the box with dreamup open look where you see the word flash and look just above it and you should see flash erase (click on that )it will ask you if you are sure (say yes)your current faulty image will then be erased ,it only takes seconds .a dm500 has quite a small memory so its always a good idea to perform a flash erase before you reflash a dm500 .then flash the box as normal ,hopefully that will sort your box .