1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dnt know how to burn avi to dvd+r

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by axmad, Jun 20, 2006.

1. B1ackHart

B1ackHart Guest

Hi, I have a AVI file that is divx or xvid encoded, I can obly play it in divx player, media player and winamp wont play it.

Anyway the file plays perfectly in divx player is there a way to burn this file to a DVD ? I have tried nero vision but when it starts transcoding it never leaves 0%.

Or is it just impossible ?

2. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

These files can be burned in exacrly the same way as AVI files, using NeroVision.

3. B1ackHart

B1ackHart Guest

But nerovision fails when it starts to transcode.

Nevermind I downloaded the k-lite mega codec pack and it works fine.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2006
  4. kar10

kar10 Member

[bold]Your .AVI file was probably about 800 MB to 900 MB why is it that when you add it turn to 3 GB??[/bold]

Last edited: Feb 17, 2007
  5. gregg9212

gregg9212 Member

I have been reading these instructions after having great problems myself putting download files onto dvd. Your guide is great but how do i manage as the film files I want to burn are actually split in about 5 parts, Where you are selecting the entire film i can only select the parts one at a time. Although I can put them all over I think the film will keep starting as they are all split, although not tried. How to I put all these files into one. Gregg.........

6. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

This may help

[​IMG]

7. gregg9212

gregg9212 Member

Sorry still got a problem. That option is in light grey and I can't access it. What have I done wrong. Gregg

8. gregg9212

gregg9212 Member

I think they are vob files if that makes any difference. Gregg

9. tharius

tharius Member

I went through the whole process and pressing all the next buttons trying to burn my AVI file to my DVD device it says I dont have enopugh space for the recording process error can anyone help where do i have to free up space???

10. sincykid

sincykid Member

greg i had this prob. when you add your VOB files it says certian vob files can be linked together yata yata yata and u select yes and it still seperates them...WELL what i learned was u have to highlight and add all the VOB files at once when you add them then it will work.

11. sincykid

sincykid Member

tharius on the last screen before u actually hit BURN look up in that toolbox in the right click BURN AT ONCE whis way your computer burns files right onto disc and doesnt back them up on your hardrive as well.

12. tharius

tharius Member

Thankyou for the help now which part of Nero are you using Nero vision or Burning Rom?

13. sincykid

sincykid Member

vision...im currently burning napoleon dynamite, school for scoundrels, and the benchwarmers on a maxwell 4.7 16x at 8x. put aeon flux,elektra,and ultrviolet on 1 last night. i use win avi convert the files first then add the vobs.

14. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

If your files are in AVI format...then using NeroVision..There is NO NEED to convert to VOB using Win AVI, just let NeroVision convert

15. sincykid

sincykid Member

actually...it is helpful to use winavi especially if you A) use burn at once because if it fails during the encoding its a waste of disc and B) once you have the vob files you can put multiple movies on 1 disc if you try to let nero do it for you it will fail when creating disc structure. stay off the post if you dont know what your talking about. atleast dont hand out bad advice.

16. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

I will let the mods sort this comment out.

And THIS is GOOD advice???

Last edited: Mar 4, 2007
  17. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

sincykid,

You got a week suspension for your extreme lack of manners. What I find most interesting is that your advice, which you obviously think so highly of, is actually, in my opinion, piss poor. Writing to the hard drive makes alot of sense. Burn At Once can be very taxing on a system and if the person you're giving advice to has a low-end system you're setting them up for failure. It also avoids a wasted disc if the process fails as well as giving a person the ability to test the results in whatever media player they so choose before commiting it to disc.

In any forum I visit I personally pass on any advice given by rude, arrogant people. The folks who think they know everything generally don't know squat.

18. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

@Nephilim, Thanks for granting the "vacation", he/she already posted that he/she was a "bootlegger" in a previous thread. I cannot fathom why someone would give that type of advice (unless they themselves were clueless), Cheers.

19. tharius

tharius Member

Ok guys I didnt think my questions were going to open up a hornets nest...lol but love the fact that there is integrity left out there so I have these movies on my computer converted them using convertXtoDVD and are in Video_TS file folders, cant run through Shrink cause Im getting errors dont know what next to do try and Decrypt it or just attempt to burn..if so what part of nero to use I have about 978Mb left on my C: drive which is not much I also have an external harddrive with about 149 Gb on it can this help at all? should I bother trying to decrypt and if so how?

20. sillycybe

sillycybe Regular member

@Tharius

if you already have the files on your HD in VIDEO_TS folders, open Nero Express, choose Vides/Pictures, then choose DVD Video files.
    Add the contents of the VIDEO_TS folder and then burn them, you're all set. You should also think about freeing up some room on Your HD. Move your videos, music and pictures and stuff to your larger external drive. Give your OS and programs some room to breath. Hope that helps.