1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

do 3D blu ray dvds have the 2D viewing option also?

Discussion in '3D TV' started by tantipj04, Jul 3, 2010.

1. tantipj04

tantipj04 Member

an answer would be much appreciated :)

2. Chiamos

Chiamos Member

Yes.

I have been away for quite awhile, and that is the reason for late reply, and there definitely most certainly appears not to be much activity on the main topic?

3. macblob

macblob Member

YES!

I bought a Sony BDP-S770 along with a Sony 55-NX810 TV.
    Both Blue-ray and TV need to be 3D ready in order to view 3D whatever.
    Also I found out the hard way that you need to either hook your 3D Blue Ray Player directly up to your 3D ready TV. If you have a A/V receiver IT NEEDS to BE 3D capable too.

I found this out the hard way about the AV receiver part. I have a Yamaha RX-V765 AV receiver....it is not 3D ready....
    The Blu-Ray is hooked up to the TV via HDMI cable (v1.4 compliant), the TV has a (standard outlet on TV) sp/dif optical audio out to the AV receiver (for my 5.1 stereo)

As for regular blu-ray and regular DVD's it plays just fine. Heck I had the Blu-Ray hooked up to a regular boob tube via red/blue/green cable and it played blue ray and any other disc on the boob tube also.

4. mike.m

mike.m Regular member

That used to be the case, but a lot of new 3D Blu-ray Players now have two HDMI outputs. One for Video to 3D TV. And one for Audio to non 3D Receiver. Also instead of using the HDMI for audio, it's probably cheaper to go with the other audio outputs such as digital audio output. Personally, I prefer to have everything (audio/video) through one HDMI cable to avoid any syncing issues.