1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do C1 errors mean anything?

Discussion in 'CD-R(W) Media' started by bratcher, Sep 10, 2004.

1. bratcher

bratcher Active member

I've seen low to medium rates of C1 errors on different brands of discs I've burned in the past with few if any C2 errors. Nero DVD-CD speed was used for the tests. The upward green line is good on all of them & the discs are fine for both data & audio.

I just wonder if I should concern myself with C1 errors (as I do C2 errors) or just forget about them.

A lot of C2 errors (or downward dips going too far) & I reject the disc!

2. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

No errors of any kind would be best but it's impossible to make a recording without some C1 errors, it's C2 errors that do most of the harm. This doesn't mean that you can get away with a large number of C1 errors. To avoid these use quality media and reduce the speed of your burn.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]

Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth." Sherlock Holmes (by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, 1859-1930)[/small]

Last edited: Sep 10, 2004
  3. bratcher

bratcher Active member

"No errors of any kind would be best but it's impossible to make a recording without some C1 errors, it's C2 errors that do most of the harm. This doesn't mean that you can get away with a large number of C1 errors. To avoid these use quality media and reduce the speed of your burn."

I do both. Good quality media & slower burns. Even though I've got a 52x CDRW drive I seldom go over 32x for data & audio gets burned at 12 or 16x. But 99$ of the time I can go faster if I wanted to up to 52x without problems just that 40x & below give less C1 errors.

I don't go faster than what the media is rated for either....

4. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Don't go as fast as its rated for and enjoy quality backups, that's all you can hope for. Good luck!

5. bratcher

bratcher Active member

"Don't go as fast as its rated for and enjoy quality backups, that's all you can hope for. Good luck!"

Yes I agree (by experience & testing burned CDR's) 100%!