1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do I have to purchase something or am I wasting my time and money?

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by VMathis, Mar 21, 2007.

1. VMathis

VMathis Member

I have Nero6 program installed on my computer and it's been working great, but lately when I've been trying to burn a file onto a DVD using my Nero I keep getting the following messege for some of my files: Due to patent restrictions, MPEG-4 decoding/encoding is no longer available. To enable the feature along with all other Nero applications you need to upgrade you Nero software. Then when I click on the upgrade message I get taken too Nero website where I have to upgrade my Nero to Nero 7 and pay $64.99 for it. I don't want to pay for a program when I just purchased this one. All I want to know is is there a way to purchase a MPEG-4 decoding/encoding device and does this need to be added to my computer or to the Nero program?

2. orion250

orion250 Regular member

VMATHIS-

What type of files are you trying to backup? Dvd's, audio files, data files? If it's dvd's, I'd suggest scrapping the Nero and using some very dependable free programs called Ripit4me, Imgburn, Dvd Shrink and Dvd Decrypter.

3. VMathis

VMathis Member

Movie files are what I'm trying to burn. Like I said before my Nero 6 worked fine when I first brought it and I wasn't having any problems when downloading movies and burning them onto a DVD in order to play them in my DVD player. Now all of sudden certain files won't burn and at first I though maybe it's because it a new movie I've just downloaded, but it's even doing it with movies I've downloaded before. For instant (DVDrip eng axxo "Title of movie") seems to work fine and burns, but whenever I download a "DVDrip Title of Movie" alone or "DVDrip Xvid "Title of move" that's when my computer start giving me the message about the MPEG-4 and upgrading my system. I don't understand this when it worked before. Now all of sudden it's not! I've only had the program for a month and now they want me to upgrade after I've purchased all the extra files needed for this program onto my NERO 6. FYI: I didn't buy the Nero 6 CD it came with my DVD external drive that I purchased from Frys electronic. I'm thinking about deleting the whole program and going to Frys to buy the Nero 7 program. At least if it doesn't work I can always take it back and get my money back. Trying to get your money back from upgrades and parts added onto Nero 6 is almost impossible. Doesn't make any since at all.

4. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

5. orion250

orion250 Regular member

Try these 4 programs. They're free and work execellent!
    Ripit4me, Imgburn, DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter.

6. Bobby728

Bobby728 Member

I think hes talking about downloaded files !Try using Nero vision by recoding the file to DVD format to your hard drive.Then use another burning engine to write to disc.