1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do I need a new Graphics Card??

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by aquachap, Jan 10, 2005.

1. aquachap

aquachap Member

Hi All

Recently had problems watching movies and listening to music on my HP comp. I run XP on a 2.4g Intel - no modifications - as it arrived from pc world!

I have always watched DVDs, downloadd Divx, Xvid, Avis VCDs without any problems. However reccently the playback "judders" for a second or two every few mins.

I can't figure what has caused this - I even tried rolling back from WMP 10 to 9 - but it still does it. Its the same with both my DVD drives (internal and external) and also happens with music.

Any ideas??

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

is it the music as in sound not the video that is also shuddering

3. Divinus

Divinus Guest

I think you just need a good defrag, friend.

4. aquachap

aquachap Member

DDP

Happens on playing music - from hard disk or cd and also happens to the video and audio when watching movies etc from hard disk, internal dvd drive and external dvd drive (on firewire)

Not only on WMP but also on other DVD playing programs I have.

Divinus mentioned a defrag - I will try that and let you all know - but would that effect the playbach from a dvd??

Please help - I miss watching my movies:-((

5. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

video card shouldn't affect the sound as it just displays on to screen. check for spyware & viruses as problem points to software not hardware but not certain as you are there & i am here