1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do I need a new service file?

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by Dodsy, May 15, 2007.

1. Dodsy

Dodsy Member

Hi, I was hoping one of you guys could give me some advice.

I got my Dbox last week with Neutrino software, Commando 7.5 and Bruteforce. I'm able to find around 180 channels however I can't seem to find Sky sports 1+3 (2 and xtra are OK), ITV2. A few channels I find have no picture ie UKTV History (and +1). I have heard people say sports moved to a movie channel but all my movies are fine.

I've scanned with 'Bruteforce for UK' and 'System1852(?)', I've also selected my area and done a scan but still no SS1. I've tried changing emus: evocam, newcam and mgcam. I've tried changing ucodes which seemed to stop some stuttering but still didn't get pic for UKTV HIstory.

My providers are all numbers and codes eg nopig_015, z12a and my channels are not in any order whatsoever. I've had a few searches and the only thing I can think of is to try a more recent service file.

So if anyone could send me a recent service file for ex-ntl Manchester area or give me any advice on what to do next, it'd be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

2. bigdunc

bigdunc Regular member

Dodsy when you rescan this generates an up to date scan for your area if you are scanning and missing channels you may be scanning wrong .
    On your remote Push the blue button
    go to net id scanning
    scroll to your area there are 2 for manchester
    Highlight press ok
    Box will now reboot and your correct scan settings will be inputted for you
    Just rescan
    if after this you are still missing channels try the other location for manchester lets know how you get on ......paul

3. Dodsy

Dodsy Member

Thanks for the reply Paul and thanks to thekingy for the files.

I'd already done what you suggested Paul, that was how I got my current scan. I tried the other Mcr scan just in case but got nothing. When I went back to the correct Mcr scan I did get more channels. Up from 180ish to 222. Result. Still no SS1 and 3 or ITV2 though. UKTVHistory still blank even though signal bar is maxed. I know the buggers are there because I'm sure I've had ITV2 at some point and my old analogue box used to get them all.

I'm going to try the services file I've been sent but not sure how to update JUST the services file. I've got Image Flashing Assistant but I'd prefer not to put on a new image or anything else if I can get away with it. Do I just connect it up to the PC with a crossover cable/null modem and use FTP software?

4. bigdunc

bigdunc Regular member

Just ftp software will do you with a crossover cable

Where is the bouquet.xml located on my DBox ?

/var/tuxbox/config/zapit (connect via FTP)
    Just transfer to this folder
    Do you want to averwrite click yes
    Or you can delete them and dropyour new ones in
    If you need any help Give us a call....paul