1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DO I NEED DUMMY FILE WHEN MAKING CRAXTION FILE

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by skpippins, Apr 1, 2004.

1. skpippins

skpippins Guest

I MADE AN ISO WITH CRAXTION AND IM JUST WONERING IF I NEED TO ADD A DUMMY FILE BEFORE I BURN IT WITH NERO.I USUALLY USE QWIX WICH WORKS FINE BUT I HAVE A NEWER GAME THE SUFFERING AND AM HAVING PROBLEMS GETTING TO SEE THE DISK.THANKS

2. Scot

Scot Regular member

The Suffering requires you to patch the default.xbe file for FatX detection to play it of your Xbox hard drive. You can do it your self by following what they say in here. http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=185384&st=0
    Or go find a patched default.xbe file

You could of course just back this game up to a dvd and not have to do anything to it at all.

BTW you do not need to add any dummy files with Craxtion, just ftp the contents to your pc, make and .iso with Craxtion, then burn the image with nero, Nero 6 all you do is hit the recorder tab up top, click on burn image, add your iso and hit burn.

_
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Laptop for 5$ check it out here--> http://www.ezlaptop.net/?ref=8084[/small]

Last edited: Apr 2, 2004
  3. shdwsfall

shdwsfall Regular member

"You could of course just back this game up to a dvd and not have to do anything to it at all."

Sounds to me like thats what he is trying to do...

4. Scot

Scot Regular member

And I answered his question, I just put the hd info link in there too so if someone was searching for the suffering on the hd they could get it as well. Might save someone from writing a needless post like "how to I get suffering to work off the hd"

But I do appreciate your dumbass comment, it was very helpful in this thread and im sure it will help out lots of people! Jackoff!!

5. skpippins

skpippins Guest

thanks scot.it worked fine.craxtion fixed the xbe for me automatically.i burned with nere worked fine.problem also was it woulkdnt read the cd in the xbox i had to keep opening and closing the tray.finally i got it tranfered.1 more question,instead of me ftp to the hdd can i pull the files directly from the cd in the xbox or do i have to copy it to hdd first.thanks help has been greatly appreciated.

6. Scot

Scot Regular member

Yes you can, use dvd2xbox copy 0.5.5 It will copy a xbox dvd directly to your xbox hard drive with no ftp involved. From there you can play the game off the xbox hd. I dont no of any other way to get game files to your pc other that by ftp.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Laptop for 5$ check it out here--> http://www.ezlaptop.net/?ref=8084[/small]

Last edited: Apr 3, 2004
  7. skpippins

skpippins Guest

thanks again scot.more questions as always.the newer games have to be patched as we know but in order to patch them they have to work in xbox.this problem im not sure is resolved yet.i have to waste 1 hour trying to get the xbox to recognize the cd in the first place,before i can patch it with craxtion.is there an easier way or does that new dvd2copy recognize the disk when i put it in xbox.and i installed dvd2xbox on my xbox the newer version but it doesnt work.help and thanks again for your support