1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do I need the .cue if I'm burning a pc game?

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by lukeman30, Feb 24, 2009.

1. lukeman30

lukeman30 Member

I have a pc game (namely Full Throttle) that I would like to burn.

The game came in the format of a .bin file as well as a .cue file.

I have read multiple tutorials on what to do with these files -- I know how to do this.

What I'm wanting to know, is why does power iso act as if it doesn't need the .cue? At first, I opened the .bin, and I had the option to burn. However, power iso never once asked me for the location of the .cue file! In fact, the .cue file had not even been extracted from the .rar archive at this point.

So, my question is: is it necessary to have the .cue file? If so, why does power iso never ask for it and act as if it does not need it?

2. lukeman30

lukeman30 Member

Let me rephrase the question, it's really a 3 part question.

1. Is the .cue required when burning a .bin/.cue pc game? How do you know?

2. Is the .cue required when mounting a .bin/.cue pc game?

3. How do you know when the .cue is needed or when you need to do anything with it? It seems that as far as poweriso is concerned, the .cue does not matter. Why would the .cue be included with the .bin if i did not need to use it?

3. varnull

varnull Guest

f me!!.. can you use google?.. it's the layout for the tracks and disk structure.. if it wasn't needed by the majority of programs to ensure a valid image being burned it wouldn't exist... sheesh.. what a lazy fsker

using that stolen program (magic iso/poweriso.. whatever the hell crap it is.. may mount the image and burn it.. but the only way to get a true 1-1 of what was on the original is to burn from the cue instructions.

how about data/toc pairs?.. your toy windoze garbage doesn't know how to deal with true image/layout pairs does it?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2009
  4. lukeman30

lukeman30 Member

Thanks.. I think..

Yes I know how to use google believe it or not. However, while I understand the function of the cue sheet, I'm simply wondering why power ISO doesn't ask for it! It's a more specific question than just "what is a cue sheet", and one I could not find the answer to after searching through google for less than 10 minutes. It makes sense, then, to post such a question where someone might have specific knowledge or experience on the subject. Answer the question and move on with your life, or don't answer it. Whining like a baby doesn't really impress anybody, but thanks for what little help you did give.