1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do I REALLY need to FTP ??

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by kof33, Nov 21, 2003.

1. kof33

kof33 Member

I FINALLY ! got through all the other steps of installation of the chip and installed new bios and various progs using slayers installer...

Now once again for the life of me i cant get an FTP connection going to my XB(dual nic cards). I tried about a yr ago with XB connect and gave up and i feel like giving up now.

My goal is to take a few games i have put them on the HD , but mostly to take my music and videos from my PC and use my XB as a media server.
    Do i need to FTP to do all this ?
    If not can you tell me which prog (dvd2xbox evo x) i need to import these things correctly. Im more then willing to burn my mp3s and movies onto a dvd then load them on xboxand avoud the ftp headache.
    Any help ?

2. Matador

Matador Regular member

If you want to take items off ur xbox then yes you do need to FTP.

You got msn messenger?IF so add me on @ XXXXXX@XXXXX.XXX and I will walk you tru every thing.___X_X_X_X_X_[small]Intel D875PBZ - P4 w/HT 3.0GHz 800MHz FSB 512KB Cache - 2GB DDR PC3200 - 760GBs [1x500GB - 1x160GB -1 x60GB +x40GB] - GeForce FX 5700 Ultra 128MB - Sony Dru-510a[/small]

Last edited: Nov 21, 2003
  3. kof33

kof33 Member

Actually just the opposite. I want to move my PC files ((jpegs , mp3's , video)) Onto my xbox.
    Would i be able to burn all my songs and videos onto some kind of media (cd-rw or dvd rw) then have my xbox rip it to the HD by passing FTP altogether ?

The games i have now i want to have them on the XB harddrive just so i dont have to bother changing discs.

Actually i shut off messenger on my comp but i do have AIM.

4. Matador

Matador Regular member

Yes you can....try to make the disc xISO.I use XComander...But thers alot of file managers out there that you can choose from