1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

do not i mean do not purchase plextor px-716a

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by sghost, Feb 15, 2005.

1. olamite

olamite Regular member

no dl's yet

2. pieman

pieman Regular member

I thought i needed a change of optical drives...nothing wrong with what ive got (pioneer 107 and an lg rom drive) so i got myself a plextor 716a, and a plextor dvd rom.Crap burns before and after flashing (definately not the media...tys, verbatims and traxdata that worked fine)and the rom drive locks the pc up, fails to read 50% of my discs and when it does read its so slooww.So, theyve been sent back and i should have a 109 arriving soon.That will teach me.Not.

3. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

Sorry to hear that some of you are having touble with your Plextors. I haven't had any, with my 716A, so far.

4. pieman

pieman Regular member

Glad yours is ok.Each to thier own!!

5. sghost

sghost Member

told ya pieman that burner is crap now the pioneer...IM IN LOVE lol

6. sucka13

sucka13 Guest

Got mine from bestbuy Have had no problems!!!!!!!!!!!

7. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

I, like others, have their preferences, but your statement about the Plextors being crap, is idiotic, at best.

8. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

I completely agree with Bruce.

9. Starbuck1

Starbuck1 Guest

I have a 708A, 712A and 716A (plus a 712SA still in the box ready to hook up); so far so good; no problems over the past 6 months; they all work flawlessly......

10. sghost

sghost Member

well i as well as others have said its a piece of crap you have whole forums dedicated to the ridicule of this terrible burner maybe the older models are better but as far as what i have exper. first hand as well as others its still a PIECE OF CRAP!!!!...c'mon not one out of the four that were purchased worked you tell me.so if me talking of my exper.with the plextor px-716a and trying to warn others of the faulty product makes me an idot as you say then your a f****** moron you jerk

11. sghost

sghost Member

that goes to you GRANDPA...furthermore i was not talking of all the plextor writers i was talking of the plextor px-716a straighten your goggles out GRANDPA

12. wild77

wild77 Guest

There seems to be a lot of Idiots around here lately If you don't like Plextors don't buy them it's that simple.

I have never had a problem with any of mine and will continue to use them.
    If I do get a bad one I will just exchange it for another!

13. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

@ sghost

There's no need for swearing or personal attacks so knock it off. I happen to think alot of Bruce so if you call him names you're calling me names too.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2005
  14. olamite

olamite Regular member

my 716a rocks,the haters must have crappie computers!lol

15. pulsar

pulsar Active member

You insult one of us, you insult all of us sghost. Time for apologies.

Pulsar

16. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

I'd like to add something to this thread if I may.

The Man behind the software program that we all use at one time or another, DVD Decrypter, personally has not one, not two, but three Plextors and even wrote a special program built into DVD Decrypter just for his Burners, (Enable SpeedRead DVD, Plextor.)

I also trust the judgment of the Mod's, Addicts, and Seniors here on aD as to their opinions.

Just like purchasing a vehicle that gives you problems, giving justifiable reason to never consider that make again, so it is with you in regards to the Plextor issue. It can be left at that without any name calling.

17. kenneth1

kenneth1 Regular member

I have the new Plextor 716-UF, its the best burner I ever had, and sghost where do you get off swearing like that to some one you should be banned

18. iriedawta

iriedawta Guest

i have the plextor 716 (internal one). bought it in janauary, the revision was t0202. it works great better than the older pioneer version i had. i work at bestbuy in miami. but i haven't seen anybody bring back the plextor 716a version 0203 back has yet. maybe that bestbuy store had gotten a bad batch. if so, the store will take it off the shelf and return it to the manufactorer and get a new batch later. but all i know down here the plextors are sold off the shelf every 2 days. alot of people vouch by the plextors

19. riznstar

riznstar Member

I bought my first Px-716 at BestBuy before christmas.
    I worked so well that I puchased a second one,two weeks ago, Also from Best Buy.They were plug and play
    NO PROBLEMS. It has bben amaseing how fast they work.
    I have purchased 6 DVD burners to date.The last three have been Plextors. The only situation encountered
    was that the Plextor Update did not work when a NON Plextor drive was setup as a Slave.Pulling the Slave
    from the cable and Update worked first time.
    You may have had a hardware conflict with another drive in the chain.Burning with Nero and Roxio worked
    with out problem useing these non matching drives.
    Check your drive cables, Some cables can be only used as "Drive cable select only". Or you may have had a jumper conflict- CS and Master or Slave and Slave.
    Plextor has been GREAT for me.

P.S. my first computer used tape backup.paper tape. cir1977 Life is better now.

20. Cman

Cman Member

Purchased my Plextor 716a before Christmas. TLA 0101 at that. This drive has yet to let me down. I simply strapped it correctly, installed it and started burning. The latest firmware, 104a, corrects any compatibility issues with various Mobos. I haven't burned a single coaster nor when I run tests using Plextools and Nero, do I see scans that say this drive sucks. Must be a problem between the chair and the keyboard.. :)

Last edited: Feb 28, 2005