1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do premodded Xboxes come ready to play backups

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by Mikilama, Feb 15, 2005.

1. Mikilama

Mikilama Member

I been reading about bios and stuff and im wondering if these sites that sell premodded systems have them ready to play backups or the buyer has to program some bios in for this. If this is the case.. let me know some sites that has them ready for backups and some that dont. thanks

2. Bohefus

Bohefus Regular member

About the only way your going to get an xbox premodded with the needed software already installed is to buy it second hand from a private party.The software needed (bios and replacement dashboard) won't come with it and may be considered illegal.You don't actually need a new dash to play backups but your xbox has to boot from an altered bios.

3. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

The Xecuter chips come with their own bios, and the newer ones have a dashboard like system if i'm not mistaken.

4. Bohefus

Bohefus Regular member

No chips come ready to play backups.They may have an their own os and are able to perform certain functions but there not able to play copied games until you flash a hacked MS bios(i.e. evox bios,executer bios(they don't come with it).