1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you have Adware, Spyware, Virus/Trojan or a Browser Hijacker?

Discussion in 'Windows - Virus and spyware problems' started by CJC, Nov 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

I dont think Adaware 6.0 updates any more??

But I know Adaware se personal is constantly updated, and its free as 6.0 is not.

2. DarrenOk

DarrenOk Member

Thanks for that. Does anyone know much about Navexcel. It is a big pain, I have uninstalled it as everyone says using control panel, add/remove programs. But immediately after doing this startup on Win XP after I pick my sign on name is very very slow. When it eventually gets to my desktop I get the message "The Navexcel search toolbar has been successfully uninstalled. Some files may still be in use and will be removed when windows is restarted." I then have to choose ok/cancel. I have restarted many times and this message still comes up and logon takes ages. Anyone have any ideas? I have contacted Navexcel, no response yet though.

3. DopeFreak

DopeFreak Regular member

Norton doesnt get the viruses out of the system files that runs windows. Mcaffe does i tryed both of em out, but norton is better to get rid of downloaded and installed files thats it.

4. minibarr

minibarr Guest

Just wanted to say thanks for all the info CJC Was going crazy trying to figure out which ones to use. I have norton anti virus but I understand now that it is simply not enough. You saved me a lot of foot work thru the net. This is a great site!

5. ghillie

ghillie Member

Download 'Hijack This' run it at next startup before running any programs, and then remove this line:
    04 - HKLM\..\RunOnce:[NavExcelBar.dll]rundll32.exe"C:\WINDOWS\remover.dll",_remove@16
    Presto. it's gone (it worked for mine)

6. scoomp

scoomp Member

good evening all. as you can see this is my first post. and doubtfullty it will be the last. when ever i run the lavasoft se program for spy ware it says 33 processes. what exactly are 33 processes. are the programs running in the background????? if so how do you remove those programs? and if thats not it how do you remove programs running in the background? i am operating off of windows 2000 pro. well i do know that my first mistake is windows. but.........

7. CJC

CJC Regular member

Hey

Every computer has processes running, if they didnt, they wouldnt work.

33 processes is pretty good.

To check to see what they are, since you are running Windows 2000

Hit ALT+CTRL+DEL at the same time, then click on the Task Manager button that comes up.

Click on the processes tab

Now you will see all the proceses running.
    Most of the ones that you have running would be either programs that you have open or windows.

CJC

8. helpb

helpb Member

hey does anyone no how to unblock websites if you have norton security

9. Mahogany

Mahogany Guest

how do I get badurl.grandstreetinteractive out of my system I can't get on the internet because of this hacker help please this is my firsttime getting this virus

10. Mahogany

Mahogany Guest

how do I get badurl.grandstreetinteractive out of my system I can't get on the internet because of this hacker help please this is my firsttime getting this virus

11. Mahogany

Mahogany Guest

does anyone know how i can get rid of badurl.grandstreetinteractive from my system it's a virus that takes over your internet icon and will not let you go on the internet help please

12. scoomp

scoomp Member

i had that badurl.grandstreetinteractive bug once before.
    i think all i did was go to tools and internet options tab. it was set as the homepage. and i never had a problem with it again.

13. scoomp

scoomp Member

LET ME KNOW IF THAT WORKS OR NOT

14. Mahogany

Mahogany Guest

Unfortunately that didn't work I tried everything even to software fix from lavasoft what should I do next help please I don't want to erase my hd

15. mkaseatgb

mkaseatgb Regular member

everytime i run adaware i recieve about 15 items called ISTsvc. i delete them but they always seen to come bakc. can anyone help me?

16. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

17. gamename

gamename Regular member

i had over 300 adware showing. nothing wpould get rid of it .i tried everything(adware se,spybot,spywaredoctor).then a friend suggested microsoft.com.i down loaded there beta version for free.it worked great. this is for spyware attached to your browser or toolbar.

18. woody4565

woody4565 Guest

I have a pc that can't connect to NetZero. When I try to login, I get the following:

"You have requested information from sysupdate.grandstreet interactive.com"

or

"You have requested information from florganizer.com"
    These show up BEFORE I can connect. It then gives a list of my possible connections. There is no button get around it. If I click cancel, it goes away and the Netzero app goes through the authentication process. Then it (NetZero) show "you are logged on" but a few seconds later I get "could not connect to server". Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks!

19. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

20. sacagowea

sacagowea Guest

hello there..im not too good at this other than clicking scan on whatever i have. i just DLed AVG trial and it found Trojan horse Dropper.agent.2.AM and its in an archive file c:counter.cab/counter.exe which i cant get to...anyhow says cannot delete (why not?) also have some stupid virus W32/Dyfuca.DO@dl located in C:\Program Files\Internet optimizer\optimize.exe and of course i can get to this folder but not delete it..because i dont have access UGH i dont get it. Im running freedom from adelphia.net and now AVG ... anyhow any help in a language i can understand would be VERY VERY appriciated. oh yeah i cant find any information about these viruses either..grr

~Alida

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.