1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you have problems whit media files?

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by Subdc, Feb 1, 2005.

1. Subdc

Subdc Member

I found the soulution in the VLC player and integrated codec pack. and its free of charge it have no trojans like several others have it plays evrything multimedia whit a sound off another world. Its beautiful. Fore me the windows media player have always been the player whit DFX as the suplement fore the sound but atleast i found somthing that have no problems whit codeck packs and sound and explorer closes down. I feel like a millionere now whit this. Do you have problems whit any media file use VLC

2. Veblin

Veblin Active member

Whit Fore?

3. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

Using only internal decoders/filters there is stuff that VLC can't decode. Personally I prefer mplayer. Like VLC it uses libavcodec, libdts, etc. but it can also make use of external dll's for real media, etc.

4. Subdc

Subdc Member

You Will and can play wmf.mpg.mpge.avi.sfv.mp3.dvd.and the rest you will play if you will and i must say that the sound is incredible and the picture. I had problems whit some avi files that crashed explorerer in windows. I tried many difrent players and soulutions on this prob. but the onlything that helpd me was VLC 8.1. It also plays evrything i have of media files so praysed the lord and the VLC company. Its free Software and Open Source video streaming solution for every OS. you can do anything whit it as long as you dont sell it. I have worked whit PCs fore 9 years now and i found no other soulution on the codec problem then VLC player. Here is the Link http://www.videolan.org