1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you need a modded xbox to be able to ftp files from pc to xbox ????

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by vegasfmx, Jul 17, 2007.

1. vegasfmx

vegasfmx Member

I was wondering if anyone can tell me if you need to have your xbox modded to be able to ftp your files from your pc to the xbox?? I have read heaps of forums and some say yes and some say no?? I have a crossover cable and have tried numerous times to set up a network between the two and have successfully been able to get the pc and the xbox to connect. But when i try to log into the xbox from the pc it always comes up with connection failed try again??? Can anyone help Cheers.

2. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

The Xbox MUST be modded. The M$ Dash will not allow transfers.

Click on my name to learn how to easily mod and how to FTP!

3. steimy

steimy Active member

Yes, in order to FTP the Xbox must be modded and running a hacked dash (EvoX, UnleashX, Avalaunch) that is capable of the FTP function.

easiest way for most people is to softmod their system. It is fairly easy and the only thing you need is AR Max for Xbox, and of of these games:
    007 Agent Under Fire, Splinter Cell, Mech Assult (original disc)
    the rest of what you need can be downloaded and will come with instructions on how to do it
    (SID and AID- Softmod Installer Deluxe & Auto Installer Deluxe)

4. vegasfmx

vegasfmx Member

Thanks for the feedback guys!!!!! I will go out and get my xbox modded and save me alot of trouble.. Cheers

5. steimy

steimy Active member

6. steimy

steimy Active member

once it starts do you have FTP access? If so then get it running and back up your EEPROM file before you do anything. FTP it to your PC and ALWAYS keep a safe copy stored there. Programs like Salyer 2.7 or AID (Auto Installer Deluxe) can help you with backing up your EEPROM and replacing your dashboard.