1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

do you need the programmer

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by dotgp, Apr 23, 2005.

1. dotgp

dotgp Member

the wire that connects the programmer to my chip has bust after 1 day
    1 end is fine the other is a mess
    so does it have to be connected to play backups

ps if anyone has one of these spare for some reaseon please could i have it for a moderate fee :)

Last edited: Apr 23, 2005
  2. lyte

lyte Member

you have the viper? if so, no. you can update your BIOS via DVD now ( i believe ).

3. dotgp

dotgp Member

sorry i didnt explain my self yes i have the viper and i think i have succesfully flashed it with cobra 1.1(before the wire was damaged)

i say i think i have flashed as i can not get it to read any backups i have chained my laser from 470 to 210, 195, 189 and now it is currently at 171 i am using ridisc 4 x media G04 with an image of a game that has been confirmed working.

i have even burned cobra 1.1 to disk with the supplied iso

another question is what happens when you turn the gamecube on with the chip connected is there a different screen do i have to press any buttons please help my soldering's fine and clean.

4. lyte

lyte Member

the Cobra BIOS should appear if you successfully loaded the BIOS.. if not hold Y or X (i forget which one it is) and it should come up.. if it doesn't then your install isn't clean which means you should re-open your GC and check the soldering and connections. you say your soldering is fine so then i would go on to tell you that it didn't successfully flash, which is why it acts like a normal gamecube. I'm not too sure if the Viper is BIOS-upgradeable via DVD, so read/ask around because I am pretty new myself to the Viper. As for laser tweaking, I didn't have to do that to get my GC to play games so I can not help you there, but I have read that inbetween the settings you mentioned is where it should be set.

5. dotgp

dotgp Member

got it all going now the company gave me a replacement grey cable for my viper so i re flashed my chip with cobra 1.1 then rechecked the soldering turned out it wasn't so clean all works great.

thanks